- A party moving for an order of contempt shall file:
- A verified motion for contempt, or a motion for contempt with an accompanying affidavit sworn under penalty of perjury, stating with specificity the grounds, act or violation alleged to have been committed by the party the movant seeks to be held in contempt.
- Any other documents or evidence attached as exhibits which support the motion for contempt.
- A certificate of service reflecting service on the party sought to be held in contempt, in compliance with Bankruptcy Rule 7004.
- A party moving for contempt shall submit a proposed Order to Show Cause directing the opposing party to appear at an evidentiary hearing, date and time to be left blank, and show cause as to why the Court should not grant the motion and find the opposing party in contempt for the alleged conduct that is the grounds for the motion.
Advisory Committee Notes
The amended rule includes stylistic changes. The format of subdivisions is changed to maintain a consistent style across all rules.