ECF training is required for anyone requesting a login and password to our Live database who is:
- A new user (i.e., does not file electronically in another bankruptcy court); or
- An ECF user in another bankruptcy court who is unable to provide a Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) from that court which is no more than 90 days old and bears the name of the applicant as the filer of the document for which the NEF was generated.
We provide ECF training by two methods: Online or personal training in the Tallahassee Clerk's Office.
Online training consists of a set of exercises to be completed in our training database. The exercises vary depending on the type of user and may be done at your own pace. If you will be applying for a login and password to the Live ECF system after completing the exercises, your exercises will be reviewed for accuracy prior to processing that application.
Personal training is provided at the Tallahassee location of the Clerk's Office only if needed after users have completed online training.
Click here to complete a Training Request form if you would like to receive a training login and password.
- Administrative Procedures Regarding Electronic Case filing in the Northern District of Florida
- Local Rules for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Filing Requirements by Chapter
- Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
- Title 11, United States Code ("The Bankruptcy Code")
Online training resources are available on the PACER website at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/help